Monday, August 31, 2009

Logo Designs

Right now in class we are talking about Logo designs. I thought it was really interesting to learn in class, that we all recognise logos as a symbol to us of what that logo represents. At first when starting the class I kept looking at everyone else work and kept thinking to myself how do they think about drawing or combining something so simple to make it look so easy? In which I was relieved that we were able to go back to when all of us were three and were asked to write down the top three things we think about the most often. Then we were asked to write down anything up to 20 or more words/topics that were always on our mind. Then we had to think of words that described that main word. Words that would be symbols to represent that main word. I really appreciated this because it made me stop and realise that logos and any kind of art starts with the most basic idea, then forming into something great, I think as an artist we forget that sometimes. The next class period we were asked to draw those words, as many symbols as possible. Then we were to combine any two ideas. When I started this I was amazed at how I was able to think of shapes and ways to combine two different things that are totally opposite of each other. Which is what I liked about it, to be able to combine two symbols so simple and to the point. As an interior design I liked how this project allowed me to relate to graphic design and see that the idea starts with one idea and combines into two great ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Great description of the process. I am interested in seeing how this "text-to-image" way of working could fit in with what you do as an Interior Designer.

    ReplyDelete